Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overflow] Top/bottom banners scrolling in and out as the pages scrolls (was:proposal: scroll-index (priority)) (#5670)

From: Tim Seckinger via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 20:25:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I've changed the title of the issue to focus on the use-case rather than the solution.

:+1: I'll also edit the issue text to have a remark about this.

> FYI it's possible to do this sort of effect with a slightly stickier version of position: sticky

Yeah `position: sticky` was one of the things I looked at trying to figure out whether this was possible to implement with current capabilities of pure CSS, but I came to the same conclusion as you apparently did, that it currently cannot be done with pure CSS :smile:

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jeysal
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5670#issuecomment-887811139 using your GitHub account