Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-2]: Pause media playback in iframes hidden by content-visibility:hidden (#6468)

From: Chris Harrelson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2021 14:40:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> You could argue the same about plain `visibility: hidden` or what not, right?

Yes, but two points:
* There is I think a web compatibility reason that videos need to keep playing under visibility:hidden
* Visibility:hidden does not pause animations or iframe rAF or similar, because for better or worse, it's not defined as a performance feature

> It feels a bit sketchy that CSS affects media playback.

I think you could argue both ways - it also seems odd, or at least unexpected, that an invisible video keeps "playing".

--
GitHub Notification of comment by chrishtr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6468#issuecomment-887570652 using your GitHub account