Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-page-3] Replace CSS 2.1 syntax definitions by CSS syntax (#632)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 22:03:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm not sure I understand your question. The only difference between the grammar you suggested in the OP and what I eventually committed is that I used the guidelines in the Syntax spec for defining rules (which requires prose to specify what's allowed in a given `<definition-list>`), while your grammar tries to enforce the prose more strictly in the grammar itself. I intentionally wrote the Syntax guidelines to not do that, precisely because writing a correct and understandable grammar for block contents in various situations is difficult.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/632#issuecomment-881742201 using your GitHub account