Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ruby] Zaima Use Cases for Ruby Annotation Level Testing (#6432)

From: Daniel Yacob via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2021 16:44:16 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Thanks @frivoal for setting expectations, I anticipate a long journey to full support by vendors 😄 .  At this stage, my goal would be to assure that the lack of a specification could not be the rationale for non-support.  An overview of [Zaima here](https://w3c.github.io/elreq/zaima/), from 2018, I'll happily add to it to provide answers to basic questions.

I have difficulty visualizing what is being described in section 3.1.1 , I'll keep working on it, is there a graphic available that presents the issue?  I assume the "multiple annotations" in  "...multiple annotations spanning the same number" means over various rows?   On each row, the lateral positioning of annotation text relative to the base is pretty important.  Basic alignment like "left|right|center" has been sufficient when working with a single row an <rt> tag (with occasional padding with a space symbol applied).

If the multiple annotations occur on the same row over base text, then the [ruby-merge property](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-ruby-1/#propdef-ruby-merge) seems to be a solution. The `"ruby-merge: merge"` value would be a default for Zaima practices, nice to see that already in place.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dyacob
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6432#issuecomment-878430428 using your GitHub account