Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images][css-values][css-gcpm] qrcode() for generating QR code images from URLs (#6544)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 22:31:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think you misunderstood - that url wasn't a compressed example omitting a ton of binary data, it was literally what you would write. `image/qrcode` would be an image format, same as, say, SVG; like SVG, it would be a declarative image format, containing drawing instructions (namely, "draw the smallest QR code that embeds the following data") rather than pixel data.

But like I said, that's a separate discussion that doesn't have to impinge on any efforts to add `qrcode()` to CSS.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6544#issuecomment-905919815 using your GitHub account