Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Automatic parsing of value definitions (#2921)

From: Guillaume via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 13:49:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I wanted to know the expected behavior when the first branch successfully matches the first component value in the input list, if that branch expects a single component value while other branches accept multiple component values. When parsing `center 100% repeat` against `<bg-position> <repeat-style>`, the first branch in the expanded definition of `<bg-position>`, accepts a single component value, that `center` matches successfully. What should I do next with `100% repeat`? I think I will come back to this specific issue later, as I feel like I'm misunderstood something obvious! :upside_down_face:

--
GitHub Notification of comment by cdoublev
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2921#issuecomment-902706290 using your GitHub account