Re: [csswg-drafts] For the Accessibility API visibility:visible within visibility:hidden is problematic (#6123)

From: Brad Kemper via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 22:33:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
If "their semantic role as a container is [truly] not affected, to ensure that any visible descendants are properly interpreted", then the note about the table cells shouldn't really apply, should it? Or is that only about legacy screen readers that aren't keeping the semantic role of the hidden parent elements?

Also: the note could really use some commas. I had a hard time navigating that first sentence of the note.

Also: I think it isn't just parent relationships that need to be considered. A `label` element with a `for` attribute should also retain its semantics when invisible, for example, IMHO.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bradkemper
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6123#issuecomment-898011495 using your GitHub account