Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-5] What should the behavior of the CSS Color 5 color functions be when passed `currentcolor` as <color> (#6168)

From: Sam Weinig via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 20:30:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I think Firefox's behavior is correct here (WebKit doesn't support color-mix(..., currentColor, ...) afaict)?

Correct, in WebKit we currently just don't accept currentColor in the CSS 5 color functions at all. I was waiting for the resolution of this issue before going forward with it.

I agree it should follow normal currentcolor inheritance rules for rendering (I say as much in the first comment).

What I am not sure is what the computed value should be. If it should preserve the complete "color-mix(..., currentColor, ...)" that would be fine with me, it just needs to be spec'd.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by weinig
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/6168#issuecomment-897947473 using your GitHub account