Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Should <display-legacy> values be aliased at parse time? (#5575)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2021 23:50:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Re-reviewing this, @fantasai and I still prefer to leave the new forms as separate values that just act identically. This doesn't change behavior for any code that currently uses a legacy value, and if code breaks with one of the new forms, it'll break with any other new display value, too, so there's not a lot we can do there.

Agenda+ to confirm that this is okay (or decide the opposite). Also need to decide whether computed-value serialization will use the legacy keywords due to the shortest-serialization principle, or if we want to still consider them distinct values that act identically there, too.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5575#issuecomment-893899115 using your GitHub account