Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical] Mapping of logical values in 'resize' (#3281)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2020 21:03:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Points to consider:

- Resizing affects the size of the box and thus its relation with other items on the page. Whether it can grow in any particular direction is largely a function of that layout, so making it relative to the containing block makes sense.
- Resizing is often used to allow the user to create a larger area for editing text, and in that case what matters is the contents, so relative to the element itself makes sense.
- Resize works by modifying the preferred size properties, whose logical counterparts are resolved relative to the element itself, maybe we want to be consistent with that.

Can't say I find any of these arguments particularly convincing one way or another, so I don't have much opinion. Agenda+ to ask the WG.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3281#issuecomment-692312776 using your GitHub account