Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical-1] Order of inheritance vs. mapping in logical properties (#3029)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 18:06:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@Loirooriol If there's a shorthand that can set both physical and logical values, e.g. suppose we extended `margin` in such a fashion, then whichever longhands are omitted (not set explicitly) should be set first so that the explicit values reset whatever is necessary. So if someone specifies `margin: relative 1em` then we set the logical longhands last so they can win against the physical ones. If we always set physical last, then setting logical values in such a shorthand would be impossible.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3029#issuecomment-718928029 using your GitHub account