[csswg-drafts] [css-nav-1] Accessible keyboard control (#5683)

From: Nat Tarnoff via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2020 14:52:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
nattarnoff has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-nav-1] Accessible keyboard control ==
The specification states that spatial navigation can be used via keyboard control

>Using a UA-defined mechanism (typically arrow keys, possibly in combination with modifier keys like `Shift` or `Control`)

I'm pushing to narrow this to specifically be the arrow keys and no modifiers. People with physical disabilities may be limited in being able to press key combinations. I'm fully supportive of browsers having a way for people to redefine the keys to something they prefer (`w` `a` `s` `d` for example), but these may required adding a modifier to not interfere with input inside the spatial navigation container.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5683 using your GitHub account