Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Add notIfViewed to ScrollIntoViewOptions; add FocusScrollOptions (#5677)

From: Cody Olsen via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2020 22:43:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> For `overflow: hidden`, is there a reason `overflow: clip` when you want to disallow scrolling isn't a better solution?

I should've been more clear about that one. I mentioned the `overflow: hidden` confusion to only highlight the fact, not to propose that the `skipOverflowHiddenElements` workaround should be in the `scrollIntoView` spec. The `overflow: clip` behavior is already supported by the polyfill since it's [in the spec](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-overflow-3/#valdef-overflow-clip). Once Safari and Chrome [support it](https://caniuse.com/mdn-css_properties_overflow_clip) we'll drop the workaround 😄

--
GitHub Notification of comment by stipsan
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/5677#issuecomment-718250589 using your GitHub account