Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-content] Display contents of data table headers, footers, and captions using ::before and ::after (#5628)

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2020 01:24:56 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> the whole thing would collapse once you change the display so it's no longer a table.

But the HTML algorithm only relies on the HTML, not on the generated boxes. So it seems to me it would work in theory. In practice it probably wouldn't, just like when changing the `display` breaks the accessibility of the table even if it shouldn't.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5628#issuecomment-716252790 using your GitHub account