Re: [csswg-drafts] [dialog element] <dialog> positioning should be describable in CSS (#4645)

From: Lea Verou via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 14:22:28 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Regarding `:modal`, it seems to me that `modal` should really be an attribute, just like `open`. Then, not only would that state be targetable with normal attribute selectors, but with the added benefit of being able to create modals with HTML. It always puzzled me why there is an `open` attribute, but not a `modal` attribute.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by LeaVerou
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4645#issuecomment-715373740 using your GitHub account