Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images] Integrate with SVG Integration spec (#4640)

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2020 15:32:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The CSS Working Group just discussed `Integrate with SVG Integration spec`.

&lt;Rossen_> Topic: Integrate with SVG Integration spec<br>
&lt;Rossen_> github: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4640<br>
&lt;fremy> chris: svg integration has two things, only one of which got folded in svg 2<br>
&lt;fremy> chris: one is what happens when you embed in svg<br>
&lt;fremy> ... the other is what happens when you use svg in html<br>
&lt;fremy> TabAtkins: what needs to be done?<br>
&lt;fremy> chris: we need to decide what we do, and what we map to each of these modes<br>
&lt;fremy> Rossen_: shouldn't we do more of this ahead of time?<br>
&lt;fremy> Rossen_: and make a concrete proposal?<br>
&lt;fremy> chris: yes, we should probably do that, and investigate whether script can run, animations can run etc...<br>
&lt;fremy> florian: for the cursors we already specify one of these modes<br>
&lt;fremy> TabAtkins: I think for general css images we also specify a mode I think<br>
&lt;fantasai> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-images-4/#image-file-formats<br>
&lt;fremy> TabAtkins: but yeah we should probably do more work on this before submitting to the group<br>
&lt;fremy> Rossen_: ok let's do that<br>
&lt;fremy> Rossen_: was that everything about the topic?<br>
&lt;fremy> chris: yes<br>
&lt;fremy> fantasai: there is a proposal in images 4<br>
&lt;fremy> fantasai: I pasted the link<br>
&lt;fremy> fantasai: (reads aloud)<br>
&lt;fremy> florian: seems to be what we do for cursor<br>
&lt;fantasai> https://drafts.csswg.org/css-images-4/#image-file-formats<br>
&lt;fremy> chris: ok, i think this makes sense<br>
&lt;florian> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-ui-3/#ref-for-url-value%E2%91%A0<br>
&lt;fremy> chris: I will review and bring this back if needed<br>
&lt;fremy> Rossen_: thanks!<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4640#issuecomment-714576150 using your GitHub account