Re: [csswg-drafts] css should define and use consistent terminology for words like "deprecated", "obsolete" (#5644)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 23:41:46 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
IIRC in other fields, #3 is possible, and stuff moves from deprecation in one version to obsoletion in another, but on the Web, we generally can't remove things so #3 hasn't really been an option.

I think the Wikipedia definition @svgeesus cites is a pretty good one. I don't think we need to define terms which follow their normal English usage?

As for obsoletion, we generally pair it with "optional to implement" in RFC2119 terms, so I think there's nothing to specially define there, either.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5644#issuecomment-713995726 using your GitHub account