Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical] Flow-relative syntax for `margin`-like shorthands (#1282)

From: r12a via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 11:26:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> we have already margin-block and margin-inline shorthand properties, and the naming lmargin is not consistent with those.

Point taken.

> lmargin will be mistaken for the left margin.

Possibly, though i think people will learn pretty quickly.

> when property names are alphabetically sorted, lmargin and other margin properties become separated, so suffix is better than prefix.

Good point.

> If "-bi" suffix is not good, other candidates would be:

Hmm. I think the shorter the better.  Personally i'd much rather not reach for the hyphen, if possible. (I often miss.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by r12a
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1282#issuecomment-709218941 using your GitHub account