Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-multicol] Containing block of column spanners (#5612)

From: Ting-Yu Lin via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 03:35:10 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Firefox seems to only make the spanner a containing block for absolute/fixed positioned descendants if there's an ancestor inside column content that establishes a containing block for absolute/fixed positioned descendants.

I can confirm this is Firefox's current behavior. It behaves like Option 3 under above condition to prevent a spanner's absolute/fixed positioned descendants from being parented under an ancestor absolute/fixed container which is laid out into the columns.

Option 3 is much easier to implement than Option 2 in Gecko.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by aethanyc
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5612#issuecomment-708135210 using your GitHub account