Re: [csswg-drafts] [CSS-COLOR-4] Security/Privacy: Incognito mode (#5553)

From: jsalowey via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 04:43:11 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Thanks for putting attention to this issue.  This is very interesting discussion.  I'm a little new to W3C and have a bit to learn.

If I followed correctly the issue with caching color profiles in incognito mode has been up-leveled to the generic url() in CSS.  It's good to address this problem generically.

From the thread it sounds like there should not be a problem with leaking the details of the hardware is use.

I don't think I fully understand the impact of the specifics of the color naming yet.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jsalowey
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5553#issuecomment-706855647 using your GitHub account