Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-adjust] Should forced-colors override `border-image`? (#5469)

From: Rossen Atanassov via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 22:42:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@tigt thank you for opening this issue. The above discussion with the broader CSS working group captures our consensus to keep the existing behavior of forced-colors, which is to not override border-image. The reason behind this behavior is similar to the reason we don't override background-image by setting it to a background-color. There is a lot of rich semantic information provided by background or border images and removing this degrades the user experience a lot. We tried to do that in early versions of IE and the results weren't good.

Hope this provides the additional reasoning you were looking for.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by atanassov
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5469#issuecomment-705860843 using your GitHub account