Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-overflow] CSSOM scrollWidth/scrollHeight behaviour of "overflow: clip". (#5572)

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 19:20:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
So they only really make sense on scroll containers, and they return the size of the scrollable area. But we need to return stuff there for compat even if you're not a scroll container. The idea for `overflow: visible` is that they return the sizes that it would've returned would it be a scroll container. So if we follow the same logic `clip` should probably be the same.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5572#issuecomment-705142644 using your GitHub account