Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Should interoperability be a goal for the `accent-color` spec? (#5480)

From: Greg Whitworth via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 18:26:43 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> If we want a "switch into Chrome's styling model and give me explicit control over the colors of every part" switch, we can also do that, but I don't think accent-color should by itself be that switch.

I don't think this is the exact way I'd frame it but I agree with your point. Ultimately, if we don't get into normative definitions of parts and relations to these then `accent-color` can only be hint even if there are recommendations to its spirit.

In the meeting on Monday we hope to go over the spectrum and I have a very rough strawman proposal that may be this switch but I don't want to hijack this thread.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gregwhitworth
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5480#issuecomment-705115451 using your GitHub account