Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Should interoperability be a goal for the `accent-color` spec? (#5480)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 17:21:28 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think the specification of `accent-color` as a _multi-colored_ property in which how the various colors get used is either
  A) dictated precisely by spec, such that authors can expect to theme specific parts of a control to specific different colors or
  B) utterly undefined, such that a style sheet written for browser is potentially unusable on another
is harmful to the cross-platform and future-compatible nature of the Web Platform.

I also think your fixation with resolving this issue as either A or B and preventing any discussion of alternatives is the reason this conversation is deadlocked.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5480#issuecomment-705080373 using your GitHub account