Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-sizing-4][css-flexbox] How to calculate the content-based minimum sizes when applying aspect-ratio on the flex container (#5406)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 23:19:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
As noted by @dholbert, the min-content size of a flex container is explicitly defined in the Flexbox spec. In this case it ends up being 50px (the largest min-content height among the flex items). The `aspect-ratio` sets the height based on the width--which is definite, thus resulting in a definite height (50px), which remains unaffected by the `min-height` (also 50px). That resulting definite height is then used to constrain the line length when wrapping the flex items into flex lines.

Assuming everyone agrees that this already-specified behavior is ideal, we think we can close this issue as no change? And get that tentative WPT fixed, of course.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5406#issuecomment-703939787 using your GitHub account