Re: [csswg-drafts] [CSS21] error in 10.3.2 Inline, replaced elements (#5583)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 17:40:11 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
In the CSS2 spec, the min/max-size properties are handled as a post-processing step, in which the limit, if applied, gets substituted in as the value of the affected property.

> Then apply the rules under "Calculating widths and margins" above, as if 'width' were computed as this value. &sect;10.4

So the spec is correct.

In the CSS3 specs, we try to incorporate the min/max limits into the sizing algorithms. I'm not sure if this is a better or worse approach, but anyway, CSS2 is afaict correct.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5583#issuecomment-703782514 using your GitHub account