Re: [csswg-drafts] [CSS-COLOR-4] Security/Privacy: Incognito mode (#5553)

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2020 07:47:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> The only type of color profile loading that is described is loading an ICC profile, so I assume (possibly incorrectly) at the moment that is the only type of color profile that can be loaded. I do not know what other profiles exist besides this format or how those profiles would describe color names using strings.

ICC profiles are the only ones in common and current use. The CSS Color 4 specification is purposefully slightly vague on that in case some other replacement clor profile format becomes popular in the future. All tests will use ICC profiles though, and these are the only ones supported in current browsers or image editors.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5553#issuecomment-703463125 using your GitHub account