Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-position][css-sticky] Make sticky positioning less restrictive (#5528)

From: Ian Yang via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2020 14:59:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I think I'm confused. You want something in the footer not to be in the footer -- so why wouldn't you use `position:fixed` instead -- or put the thing in its appropriate containing block to use `sticky`?

The list of social sharing links makes more sense to be in the article's footer element. `position: fixed` does not restrict the list within the article's height, thus the list would overlap unwantedly with the banner and the contentinfo when users scroll up and down, respectively.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ianthedev
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5528#issuecomment-702784215 using your GitHub account