Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom] Is `round` special in CSSOM? (#5689)

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 12:21:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm happy to see that this is being discussed and that (whichever way we end up with) there will be a single place in CSS which defines this.

I agree that the fairly new `round()` function should track this.

I see in V&U that [combination of &lt;integer> says to round to positive infinity](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-values-4/#combine-integers) and although [combination of &lt;number> is silent on this](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-values-4/#combine-numbers). That doesn't really cover the case there a `number` is serialized to finite precision, unless that is thought of as conversion to integer and then conversion to a float-looking string by shifting the decimal point.

For now though CSS Color 4 can point to V&U for rounding, and need not copy over the ambiguous "rounding up" wording from CSSOM.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5689#issuecomment-726735225 using your GitHub account