Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Note implies losing an aspect-ratio when it shouldn't? (#5713)

From: Ian Kilpatrick via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 03:22:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> For the block box, justify-self: normal theoretically behaves as stretch [3], but I think CSS Align is wrong here, since replaced block elements are not stretched.

It's correct for non-replaced elements. Which stretch be default. That line should probably read:

normal Behavior | Behaves as stretch except for replaced elements, tables, and some form controls which are start.
(or something).

> But if they had justify-self: stretch

I'm not sure we should make a distinction between `justify-self: stretch` , and `justify-self: normal`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bfgeek
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5713#issuecomment-725804017 using your GitHub account