Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] No way to access the viewport size without losing precision. (#5260)

From: David Bokan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 20:15:44 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
FWIW, the issue that led to #4713 (https://crbug.com/1043456) was caused by Blink trying to make MQ truncate viewport dimensions like innerWidth is, since the latter is (often?) used in media queries. The change to make the MQ compare against a subpixel width made it to stable and the above bug was the only one I saw but we did revert it in the next milestone. Looking back at it, it's not even clear to me the behavior is unexpected or broke any production sites.

I'm curious to know if we could make viewport dimensions subpixel. I think it would simplify cases like the above.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bokand
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5260#issuecomment-725638627 using your GitHub account