Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-3] Privacy Review - fingerprintability of the dictionaries (#5630)

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 19:27:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Regarding hyphenation in the macOS and iOS ports of WebKit:

1. WebKit is a system framework so the distinction between a browser dictionary and a system dictionary isn’t really relevant. We use CoreFoundation, a shared system framework, to do hyphenation.
2. I don’t understand the question. Our browser doesn’t ship with dictionaries. The whole system does.
3. Not that I know of.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5630#issuecomment-725615483 using your GitHub account