Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-5] Add `currentBackgroundColor` Variable (#5292)

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 15:59:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> `var(color)` would not follow animation on `color` property as it's resolved on computed time

@upsuper Not sure if I get it, you make it sound as if animations are done after finding the computed value, but actually animations are part of the cascade, and affect the computed value. I think `var(color)` should basically work as `var(--color)` with

```css
@property --color {
  syntax: "<color>";
  inherits: true;