Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-5] Add `currentBackgroundColor` Variable (#5292)

From: Lea Verou via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 13:03:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Strong support for the feature itself, but not for the keyword syntax.

I would much prefer a functional notation e.g. `current()`, with `current(color)` aliased to `currentColor` and `current(background-color)` resolving to what is proposed here. This would allow us to gradually extend it into other properties for which this kind of thing can be safely implemented, without introducing new keywords and new syntax that people have to learn. As a bonus, it would also allow us to add other arguments in the future, if we so decide.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by LeaVerou
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5292#issuecomment-725411571 using your GitHub account