Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-2] Proposal: content-visibility: hidden-matchable (#5595)

From: Alice via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2020 03:30:44 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> 1. Is “We” here the TAG? Googlers? Some other group?

Just me, talking with the folks working on this proposal.

I think https://github.com/WICG/display-locking/issues/102 is the relevant public thread.

> Hypothetically, what if a general “find text” API were exposed in such a way that the AT could leverage the same path as the UA? VoiceOver already offloads some of its search functionality (next heading, next table, etc.) to WebKit. Perhaps a similar path could be used here.

This is why I noted "the way ATs work today" specifically. I agree, deeper integration into an AT's find-in-page mechanism would be ideal.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by alice
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5595#issuecomment-723383402 using your GitHub account