Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-flexbox] automatic minimum size: what does min(250, undefined) return? (#5347)

From: davidsgrogan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2020 22:46:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Let us know if you think the spec is unacceptably confusing without that

Not unacceptably confusing :)

> or if you have better edits to suggest

I think the simplest is what I suggested in the original issue, which is changing "It is otherwise **undefined**" to "It is otherwise **infinity**". The definition of min(something, infinity) is very clear (Even in languages like R, where `min(4, NA)` returns `NA` and `min(4, NaN)` returns `NaN`, `min(4, Inf)` returns `4`.)

But this is no big deal, AFAIK all the engines converged on the behavior you intended (thanks for clarifying!), so this is probably not even worth further discussion, let alone spec edits. Closing.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by davidsgrogan
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5347#issuecomment-722015784 using your GitHub account