Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-mediaqueries] [css-page] Viewport units / media queries interaction in print documents. (#5437)

From: Shinyu Murakami via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2020 10:51:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
FYI, Antenna House (I was a developer) has the page-size versions of the viewport units, pvw, pvh, pvmin, pvmax (see:
https://www.antenna.co.jp/AHF/help/v70e/ahf-ext.html#pvw), and the viewport units vw, vh, vmin, vmax use page area size (page-size - margin - border - padding). [Vivliostyle](https://github.com/vivliostyle/vivliostyle.js) also implemented these units in the same way (see https://github.com/vivliostyle/vivliostyle.js/pull/507).

I would like to propose the page viewport-percentage length units, pvw, pvh, pvi, pvb, pvmin, pvmax. These units should be same as normal vw, vh, vi, vb, vmin, vmax in non-paged media context.

A test sample for the viewport-percentage length units in paged media: vw, vh, vi, vb, vmin, vmax:
https://github.com/vivliostyle/vivliostyle.js/blob/master/packages/core/test/files/viewport_unit.html
Test with Vivliostyle Viewer: https://vivliostyle.org/viewer/#src=https://raw.githack.com/vivliostyle/vivliostyle.js/master/packages/core/test/files/viewport_unit.html

A test sample for the page viewport-percentage length units: pvw, pvh, pvi, pvb, pvmin, pvmax:
https://github.com/vivliostyle/vivliostyle.js/blob/master/packages/core/test/files/page_viewport_unit.html
Test with Vivliostyle Viewer: https://vivliostyle.org/viewer/#src=https://raw.githack.com/vivliostyle/vivliostyle.js/master/packages/core/test/files/page_viewport_unit.html

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MurakamiShinyu
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5437#issuecomment-721042745 using your GitHub account