Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain] Add contain-paint-margin CSS property (#4934)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 20:28:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think negative values are problematic, since that could mean clipping the scrollbar on scrollable content. (For the `contain-paint` case, which works with `overflow: auto`/`scroll`.) Also, the use cases I can think of are graphical effects rather than performance optimizations, so it's not really consistent with the intent of the property.

I also agree with following the `margin` syntax. I'm not sure that it's necessary (vs having a single value for all directions), but it's clear & consistent.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4934#issuecomment-626942457 using your GitHub account