Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Auto-disable native appearance when cascaded value has author origin (#4777)

From: andruud via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 13:44:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@emilio It's intentional in the sense that I (for now) didn't intend to change _which_ properties disable appearance, just _how_ it happens.

I guess if other visual aspects of the border (color, width, etc) are grounds for disabling, then border-image* is as well? (I don't have a strong opinion). I'm in general not a very big fan of this auto-disabling feature, but since we have it, we should probably always auto-disable when an author declaration would effectively be ignored by maintaining the appearance.

`*` And maybe border-radius?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by andruud
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4777#issuecomment-604438873 using your GitHub account