[csswg-drafts] [css-ruby] Align ruby with line head or line end (#4857)

From: Fuqiao Xue via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020 02:00:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
xfq has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-ruby] Align ruby with line head or line end ==
In [clreq ยง 3.3.4 Positioning of Romanized Interlinear Annotations](https://w3c.github.io/clreq/#h-basic-requirements):

> If a Romanized annotation is longer than its base text and is at the line head or end, both the annotation and the base text can be aligned to the beginning of the line head or end.

This doesn't seem to be possible with the current selectors and ruby styling in CSS, so we probably need new `ruby-align` value(s) or new CSS selector(s).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4857 using your GitHub account