Re: [csswg-drafts] Let’s Define CSS 4 (#4770)

From: awford via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 17:39:43 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Side note: "CSS 3+ Just Keeping Up" doesn't work well on a resume skillsets list. It doesn't say anything. CSS4 is a definable threshold when looking to hire specific skills. Version numbers affect so much more that the technical standards. Until I stumbled onto an article about this discussion I was unaware there had been progress since CSS3 or that versioning had been dropped. That's a failure both on my part and on the CSSWG's part. I'm unaware of anything in development more useful than clear revision and release communications. You could add a ton of features and fixes but without adoption it seems like a great deal of wasted effort.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by awford
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4770#issuecomment-597219831 using your GitHub account