Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Clarification about `target` and `pseudoElement` relationship (#4745)

From: George Steel via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 17:20:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@flackr from the MDN page on querySelectorAll()
> If the specified selectors include a CSS pseudo-element, the returned list is always empty.

It doesn't sound like we have two conventions for pseudo-elements. We only have the getComputedStyle convention as querySelector doesn't support pseudo-elements at all. Even the section linked above on unsupported pseudo-element selectors being treated as invalid is only used in a context where an invalid selector means a no-op.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by george-steel
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4745#issuecomment-597209344 using your GitHub account