Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values-4] Add vhc value (#4329)

From: Anthony Frehner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 15:28:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Looking at naming possibilities here, just throwing some out:

* `vhmin` - aka the smaller vh unit.
  * con: possible confusion between this and `vmin`
  * possible alternatives: `vhm`? or `minvh`?

* `vhc` - as originally proposed: "view height with chrome."
  * con: "chrome" is probably not the best word to convey to the average developer what this unit is measuring

* `vhc` - view height collapsed.
  * con: collapsed could be confusing - e.g. "is the view height collapsed when the UA chrome is big, or is it the other way around?"

... I'll add more as I think of them or as people propose them.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by frehner
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4329#issuecomment-597149615 using your GitHub account