Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-animations-2] Specify the interaction between API methods and animation-* properties (#4822)

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 23:31:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org

I think they probably should. The [spec wording](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-animations-2/#requirements-on-pending-style-changes)...

> ...all operations included in programming interface defined in this specification, as well as those operations defined in Web Animations [WEB-ANIMATIONS] that may return objects or animation state defined by this specification, must produce a result consistent with having fully processed any such pending changes to computed values.

is not 100% clear, but the intention is that all these methods operate on a fully-updated state. It's somewhat unfortunate to have to make all these methods flush, but I think that's the most understandable behavior.

Also, it's quite possible Firefox doesn't flush for `reverse()` or `startTime` yet. Last week I just fixed it to flush for `getTiming()` and `getComputedTiming()`, but I didn't check `reverse()`.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4822#issuecomment-596827863 using your GitHub account