Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-2] Is it necessary to serialize all 3 components of translate given the 3rd component is 0px (#3305)

From: Philip Rogers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2020 14:44:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@yisibl, we attempted to remove the behavior where chromium uses trivial 3d transforms (e.g., `transform: translateZ(0)`) as a compositing trigger but found the performance tradeoff to not be worth it (it led to a measurable increase in re-painting). Unfortunately, we had to return to using these as a compositing hint. If you are still having issues with chromium in this area, please file a bug at https://crbug.com and I will take a look.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by progers
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3305#issuecomment-596575608 using your GitHub account