Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Fix invalid error code for KeyfameEffect.pseudoElement (#4829)

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2020 22:37:18 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I had a quick skim through the spec yesterday and the only two places where I thought SyntaxError would make sense were `pseudoElement` and `easing` (although the `easing` case appears in about 4~5 different places). Many of the others were more enum-like cases where a `TypeError` seems to match WebIDL best.

Regarding `RangeError`, I think there's an explicit note in the spec about why we don't use that for at least one case (since if `[EnforceRange]` is ever able to handle that case, it will throw a `TypeError`).

So I would be happy with making `pseudoElement` throw a `SyntaxError` and then filing a second issue to make `easing` throw a `SyntaxError` if we think Web compat won't be a problem.

But all in all, I don't mind too much either way.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/4829#issuecomment-595482383 using your GitHub account