Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] limit local fonts to those selected by users in browser settings (or other browser chrome) (#4497)

From: pes via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 02:29:17 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@hfhchan Thank you for the comment!  I'm not familiar with Seal Script; could you share more information about it if you have links?

Regarding the specific problem you mention though, I think, in a sense, thats the easier problem, where there is an expectation that sites can be updated.  @tabatkins had a great suggestion for a way that sites could explicitly requests fonts off disk with user involvement, and I think would cover the use case you describe.

In a sense, all the complexity in the above discussion is mostly about cases where we can't expect sites to update, and how to provide privacy to users of sites that require non-common fonts there.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by pes10k
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4497#issuecomment-651482768 using your GitHub account