Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] aspect ratio units needed (#1173)

From: Daniel Tonon via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 14:17:16 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The main argument I'm seeing in the thread is so that aspect ratio can be applied to CSS Grid templates.

I'm pretty sure using `auto` in the grid template and `aspect-ratio` on the grid cell elements would cover most use cases.

I can't really think of a scenario where I couldn't use `aspect-ratio` on the child cell to get the desired layout.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Dan503
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1173#issuecomment-650203628 using your GitHub account