Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] shaping breaks and typographic characters (#699)

From: Richard57 via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 16:11:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
However, the Word behaviour seems to hint at a problem.  Is it canonically normalising the text before applying colour, or does it just give you a hint of what's in the backing store?  It may actually be useful to tell the typist how much backspace will delete.  At least on the version of Word I'm using, it takes two backspaces to delete i-with-acute if it's two characters, and one backspace if it's one character.  I sometimes want to replace diacritics even in the Latin script.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Richard57
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/699#issuecomment-649664942 using your GitHub account