Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-adjust-1] more granular overriding of forced colors mode than per-element (#4178)

From: Rossen Atanassov via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 17:00:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Perhaps the motivational test case mislead the direction of this issue a bit. The main use case for the capability is intended to allow authors to supply arbitrary color values for a specific property override.

Consider the following use case where the author's intent is to change the text color to dark gray in the case of `forced-colors:black-white`

```
@media (forced-colors: active) {
   @media (prefers-color-scheme: dark) {
      [aria-disabled="true"] {
         color: #767676;
      }
   }
}
```

Per our previous discussions my understanding was that our intent is to enable this by adding the `!forced-override` _(name tbd of course)_ to any selector. That same example is then enabled as follows

```
 @media (prefers-color-scheme: dark) {
    [aria-disabled="true"] {
       color: #767676 !foced-override;
    }
 }
```

--
GitHub Notification of comment by atanassov
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4178#issuecomment-648944053 using your GitHub account